Avis Budget Group IT Project Manager in Parsippany, New Jersey
The Manager is responsible for ensuring that the goals and objectives of designated application areas and/or projects are accomplished within the prescribed time frame, methodology and funding parameters. This position provides management over technical support for project development; provides technical and business consultation, research and analysis of business requirements for assigned systems. Working with the management team the Manager implements strategies and priorities for the application area by analyzing and understanding the current and future applications needs to keep pace with the business demands. The Manager will work with management and staff to insure the integrity and security of assigned systems and data, maintain procedures on a current basis and present recommendations for system procedures and internal control improvements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
(Includes but not limited to)
This job provides IT Management services to the Avis Budget Group business areas as assigned. The incumbent typically manages an application support team with new, changing or expanding business units requiring complex and extensive level of IT support.
Essential duties and responsibilities, shown below, will vary accordingly based on assignment.
Manages one or more IT application areas within the company, and may be responsible for leading large or complex projects impacting several business units.
- Implements IT strategies through the management of staff and ensures adherence to established guidelines and policies in assigned areas.
- Assists with the development of, or revisions to, budgets for assigned areas.
- Identifies areas for improvement and proposes new technologies or operations to increase the effectiveness of assigned divisions.
- Manages staff, contractors, and resources to meet the needs of the business in the most efficient manner possible.
- Responsible for planning, development, evaluation, coordination and management of IT activities within assigned applications.
- Demonstrates the value of IT and encourages the use of technology to increase business unit productivity and profitability.
- Ensures business unit satisfaction with IT products and services.
- Provides the technology vision and leadership to support the organization’s overall strategic vision, mission, and culture.
Communicates IT plans, policies, and technology trends throughout the organization including management, professional, and support staff.
Oversees the development of integrated project plans, implementation schedules, and cost estimates, identifying project deliverables, milestones, and required tasks.
Implements and maintains budget and schedule controls.
This position may provide direct supervision to individual contributors or manage others indirectly through one or more outsourcing service providers.
Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
Project Management certification strongly preferred.
Candidates typically have ten or more years of relevant IT work experience in project management, people management and financial management experience.
Previous experience within the car rental or travel/leisure industry is preferred.
Must be proficient in the use of project management tools, techniques and practices.
Must be able to understand the strategic planning process and related business considerations including: operations, quality, best practices and customer service.
Requires excellent communication skills, analytical ability, strong judgment and management skills, and the ability to work effectively with clients and IT management and staff.
Group facilitation, mediation and conflict resolution skills necessary.
Position Specific Qualifications
- Knowledge of programming languages, C, COBOL and Assembler
In-depth understanding of zOS, IMS, DB2, IBM MQ and Linux on System z
Familiarity with mainframe performance optimization using Strobe, Omegamon, and Mainview tools
Fluency with project management tools Open Workbench, Microsoft Project and Jira
Acquainted with Global Distribution Systems message formats
- Reports to a Director.
Avis Budget Group is an EO employer-Veterans/disabled and other protected categories.